SDS Impressions Summer Program
- The program takes place at Smile Design Studios (9303 Hwy 6 Suite 300, Missouri City, TX 77459) (Houston)
- The program will start July 9th- July 30th, and that it will be on fridays (four total meetups) from 9am-4pm
- The application deadline is May 28th
- The 10 minute interview will be on May 29th
- Upon selection, the program fee would be due May 31, and will be $150. The costs will include: Black scrubs, product materials for molds and impressions, and food.
- You will be emailed an estimated time for your phone interview after the application deadline.
This program is a wonderful opportunity for aspiring predental students to get the following things:
- Hands-on learning with real dental equipment. (Participants taking impressions on each other, and learning about the instruments of dentistry)
- Participants will learn how to take X-rays, waxing & cavity prep techniques, and how to read a panel.
- Opportunities to meet new doctors. This can open up potential shadowing opportunities for participants.
- Opportunities to meet dental school students that can serve as mentors and provide detailed info on a day and a life of dental school students. The students can also give useful tips on how to get into dental school and be successful as a student.
- Mock interviews with experienced dentists as well as panel discussions (with dentists and dental school students).
- Personal statement workshops. Participants will have a chance to build up a near perfect personal statement; this will serve to make their application significantly stronger.
- The program will also be able to break down the dental school application to ensure a stronger application for the participant.
- Participants will also get a general idea of what dental schools are looking for in an applicant throughout the program.
- Participants will have the opportunity to be a part of a growing community and build long lasting relationships.